Design Labs: Kinetic and Potential Energy
Your team will explore kinetic energy and solve problems with your hands and minds. You will work in small teams to conduct a series of experiments and design challenges to create effective bumpers for model cars. Your team will make models, measure experiment outcomes, graph results and use them to prove the merits of your design. These activities are similar to what you would do for fun, but here you learn about how energy works.
- How is energy transferred between potential and kinetic?
- How is energy transferred between two colliding objects?
- How can energy be absorbed?
- What is the best design for a bumper?
- How do you best present your research results?
List of Supplies Needed:
Hot Glue Gun